Closeboard Fence Panels at a Glance
As you might have guessed, a close boarded timber fence is unique in the fact that it offers a high level of privacy when compared to variants such as chain link or picket fencing. This is why close board panels are often chosen by those who live within urban settings. These fences can also be excellent options if you have small children or pets; their design helps to ensure that neither will be able to escape your garden when left unattended.
Closed panel fencing, using 100mm or 125mm featheredge boards with rectangular or chamfered cant rails, is one of the most well-built and robust types of fencing on the market. The boards are also easy and relatively cheap to install and replace as each one slots in place next to one other.
All our fence panels are 1.83m (6’) in width and range between 0.9m to 1.8m in height. Close board fence panels of 6×6 (1.83m x 1.8m) in measurement are our most popular option when combined with gravel board and concrete slotted posts. All our featheredge panels are pressure treated and dipped for added protection.
Our closeboard fencing panels offer the following features:
- Fencing panels come in a range of heights: 0.9m, 1.05m, 1.2m, 1.35m, 1.5m, 1.65m and 1.8m. Lower panels are good for boundary marking, while higher panels offer more privacy and security.
- All our fencing panels come in an even width of 1.83m (6’) that easily slots together for ultimate privacy.
- Our 100mm and 125mm featheredge panels are one of the sturdiest and well made on the market when combined with chamfered cant rails.
- All panels are pressure treated and dipped for extra protection.
- Our closeboard panels can be further reinforced when combined with gravel board. Concrete and wooden options are available.
- Our most popular choice of post for this type of fencing is concrete slotted. Allow 1.5 bags of post set for each post.
- The most popular fencing combination includes 1.65m close board panels combined with 150mm gravel board for close board fence panels of 6×6 (1.83m x 1.8m).
A Sense of Beauty and Durability
A close boarded timber fence is also known for its ability to exhibit a strong and solid appearance. All of our products have been pressure treated, so they will be able to stand up to the harshest of conditions.
Still, we have taken flexibility into account. Our selection of closed-board fencing is available at various heights and it is possible to choose concrete or wooden gravel boards. This will once again depend upon your personal tastes. Our representatives will be more than happy to offer additional advice so that you can make an informed decision.
Painting and Staining Options
Another benefit that you can enjoy with our line of closeboard fence panels is that you are able to paint or stain them to your preference. This will allow the entire fence to blend in with the existing features of your home. A coat of paint or stain will help to extend the lifespan of the fences themselves. Browse our full range of wood stains, preservers and treatments as well as our range of wood paints.
Clarke Fencing has the ability to deal with one-off projects or larger builds. We also provide additional fencing accessories such as:
If you are interested in finding out more about the options available to you at Clarke Fencing, we encourage you to browse through our online selection of close-boarded fencing. You can also visit our Stowmarket yard to see a selection of the fencing that we offer.
© Copyright Clarke Fencing 2023. Reg number 0543 5683. Website design and marketing by Unity Online